Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fourth week: Resolutions so far?

Week 4 of lifestyle changes. 
5 pounds lost so far and if I skip a day of working out, I seriously miss it. My body feels bluh, my muscles don't know what to do without being a little sore and pushed. I have noticed much more energy despite weather changes and this week being yet another migraine week. Somehow, it's better than the one I had a couple of weeks ago. Yay! Progress. 
Same is coming true for my daily devotional time with Jesus. My mornings feel off if I skip a day. My problem now is not getting in 30 minutes a day. It's stopping after an hour because I need to get to my workouts so I have time to shower and get to work on time. My alarm keeps getting set further and further back. Now, if only my early bedtime would work out. le sigh.
 I'm noticing changes. My attitude keeps changing. Stuff that didn't used to bug me does now. I notice foul, crass, and bad language now. I'm eager (once I'm awake) for my morning routine to begin. I'm making wiser choices with my diet. I do not crave what I used to crave. Sure, I have chocolate every other day or so... or maybe more often. I think about what and how much I am eating now.  I am more disciplined. I am back to a healthier relationship with food. And it feels great.
As far as my writing goal: trying every week to write a new post on this blog keeps me writing and those creative juices flowing. Plus, this week has been full of filling out worksheets for story structure and plot lines, and doing more character developments. Very exciting to see ideas start to come together. We will see how this goes! 
Financial Peace is going well, too. We have officially started the envelope system and our first zero balance budget. So many super helpful tools. Already, we are not spending as much as we were before and are actually saving a little.
My biggest challenge as I re-prioritize is to not stress to keep my goals, but to do my best to just, yeah, prioritize. If I have an off day, it's life: I will not despair. Life happens and this is my new life so, do not stress out and most of all, keep going. Do not give up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment