Monday, April 1, 2013

Losing Marbles: Meeting Goals

        I told myself that I would update our marbles picture once I lost 10lbs...
     That day arrived today! :)

 
      Mine are red... all 10 of them! Clay's are clear... 13. I am reminding myself once again that this is not a competition. 4 of those pounds were lost in the last three weeks. I'm 11lbs away from my original goal of 185 by our anniversary. Which is today! But, I am not discouraged.  Juicing has definitely helped with energy and feeling healthier. I still crave chocolate and sweets but, not as much. We had an adventure trying 3 different restaurants on Saturday to get a Coke. It was so rare for us to eat out and for me to want a soft drink that Clay indulged me. 
      My goals got a bit off track when my chronic migraines and back pain flared up. So, 3 weeks ago I decided to finally call and schedule a chiropractic appointment. My first adjustment was extremely insightful. I discovered I had been living with chronic pain a 4 or more for about 20 years. I hope to get pics of the X-rays taken of my spine it was freaky! 3 adjustments in, 4th scheduled tomorrow, and I feel like my pain is about a 3. Yes, I'm a little excited. 
       So, dear readers, a questions to provoke interaction :) 
      Do you find it easier to become discouraged with a little progress (slow, steady and predictable) or when you progress by leaps and bounds and then plateau?


 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss and healthy eating!

    It's easier for me to keep going if i've made at least some progress and not plateaued. Unless, of course, i managed to meet my goal in one huge leap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to have reached double digits in weight loss at last.
    I often despair if progress is too slow. Or I will try even harder and burn myself out. I have been trying to remember that slow and steady progress is better than going backwards or being stagnant. :)

    ReplyDelete